Operating TitleVice President, Enrollment Management & Student Engagement
Long Classification TitleVP of Enrollment and Student Engagement
DepartmentPSU Enrollment Management
Summary of Position
Reporting to the President and serving on the President’s Cabinet, the Vice President of Enrollment Management & Student Engagement (VPEMSE) provides vision, leadership, and management of the University’s goals, objectives, and strategies for each area under their leadership.
To ensure the continued excellence of Plymouth State University (PSU), the VPEMSE is responsible for providing strategic and innovative leadership in the following areas of Enrollment Management: Graduate Admissions, International Admissions, Undergraduate Admissions, Transfer Admissions, Recruitment Events and Recruitment Operations. The VPEMSE is charged with establishing, implementing, and evaluating aggressive student enrollment strategies, while ensuring the constant review of methodologies, via the analysis of data-driven metrics to yield meaningful results. They must be knowledgeable of changing demographics and trends within the realm of college student enrollment intricacies and leverage their knowledge of the industry to reach targeted goals.
Applying a student-centered strategic leadership philosophy, the position takes a fully coordinated approach to significantly impact the following areas of Student Engagement: Campus Ministry, Campus Recreation, Community Impact, Counseling Center, Parent & Family Resources, Student Involvement, Student Organizations (Greek Life, Student Clubs, Student Government), and Veteran Services. Via on-going collaboration across the campus, the VPEMSE will support student success and engagement by enhancing access to student-centered learning programs. Additionally, the VPEMSE will actively develop strategies to enhance an individual’s progress during their academic journey at PSU, while utilizing proven approaches to remove barriers to success.
The VPEMSE will have executive-level oversight of the University’s Communications and Marketing activities in the following areas: Creative Services, Digital Marketing, Public Relations, Social Media, and University Communications. The position is responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive marketing plans, communications, and outreach efforts for PSU. They are tasked with leading both external and internal communication strategies, which includes the review of multi-dimensional programs to positively influence public perception via all media outlets.
Acceptable minimum level of educationBachelor's
Acceptable minimum years of experience7-10 years
Additional Job Information
Applications received prior to January 13, 2023 will be provided priority review.
Other minimum qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree or Terminal Degree preferred) and a minimum of 7 years (10 or more years is preferred) of progressively responsible leadership work experience in the areas of Enrollment/Admissions Management, Student Engagement, and/or Communications/Marketing (preferably with 4 or more years of leadership experience in a Higher Education setting), with demonstrated success in developing, evaluating, and improving student recruitment and enrollment; proven success in creating and achieving measurable goals while using data-driven enrollment metrics; ability to make strategic decisions, within the framework of financial and budgetary constraints; ability to lead, supervise and manage employees in multi-functional units; experience leveraging best practices and efficient use of resources to foster a positive student engagement experience; demonstrated capacity to envision, design, and implement a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy in an organization (preferably higher education institution) of similar complexity; ability to think strategically and execute marketing programs through effective management of multidimensional communication outlets or channels, such as digital and social media.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Excellent organizational, strategic, and planning skills. The utilization of vision and exemplary leadership qualities to implement superior marketing strategies to align with the recruitment and enrollment of students, including those from diverse multicultural backgrounds. A relentless amount of enthusiasm and integrity to lead PSU efforts, while being flexible to an ever-changing environment. A consensus builder and collaborative community focused partner who can work effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders, while continuing to improve student enrollment and student life program activities.
Salary is complemented by a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, retirement, tuition, and paid time off.
Quicklink for Postinghttps://jobs.usnh.edu/postings/52767
Percent Time Information (FTE)1.00
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer. The University System is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our campus communities and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission. The University System prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or marital status.
Open Until FilledYes
Posting Open to Internal Candidates Only?No
Interested Internal Candidates Exist?No
Job CategorySalaried Staff (Exempt)
Drivers License and Physical Requirements. Please check all items that apply.None applicable
- Provides leadership for student services such as counseling, veterans services, and recreation (sports and fitness).
- Ensures a holistic view of the student engagement experience during the creation, implementation, and evaluation of programs.
- Exhibits knowledge of the challenges and complexities facing regional public higher education universities and students in the 21st century.
- Ability to work effectively with students, parents, faculty, administration, staff, alumni, and the general public.
- Fosters a collaborative environment with the Chief Diversity Officer & Director of Diversity, Equity and Social Justice.
- Supports the development and implementation of innovative strategies that lead to student success in a welcoming and authentically diverse community of learning and social interaction in which all perspectives are valued.
- Provides guidance to the President’s Cabinet in the development of plans related to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Supports the achievements of goals that are aligned with the University’s initiatives.
- Maintains a strong public presence on campus, which may include attending campus-wide cultural, social, and/or athletic events.
- Provides oversight of the editorial direction of effective print, electronic, website, digital and video communications; provides effective management of fiscal/budgetary communication related activities.
- Positions the university for positive and enhanced media coverage in the local, regional, and national landscape; monitors areas of concern or interest and positively promotes PSU events.
- Manages the effectiveness of branding and university image efforts, while engaging in the recruitment and enrollment of emerging students, from diverse backgrounds and locales.
- Maintains operational compliance with the following: PSU & USNH Policies; Local, State and Federal laws and regulations; FERPA and HIPPA.
- Responsible for the direct supervision and evaluation of staff assigned to their areas of leadership.
- Utilizes appropriate supervisory skills to address personnel matters within their work teams; assists with the successful recruitment of high-performing team members; supports the training and professional development of team members.
- Ensures staff members apply student-centric philosophies while engaging in assigned work duties.
- Maintains best practices by developing consistent procedures through the training and continual assessment of assigned areas of responsibility.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.