A Message from the University
All University of Notre Dame faculty and staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID
-19 and provide verification of full vaccination. Faculty and staff may apply for an exemption from the vaccination requirement for medical, religious, or other strongly held beliefs.FAQ
Job TitleAdvisor to the Vice President for University Relations
The University of Notre Dame, University Relations division, is seeking an Advisor to the Vice President who will advise the Vice President on all aspects of University Relations strategic operations.
Reporting directly to the Vice President, the successful incumbent will manage special projects, recommend strategic activities, and serve as a liaison to various academic and administrative units. The advisor will routinely serve as a representative of the Vice President on a variety of committees and initiatives, consult on issues such as the strategic advancement of the division, communication with internal and external constituents, and management of strategic University relationships.
The Advisor to the Vice President will be responsible for drafting correspondence on behalf of the Vice President that will be delivered to lead benefactors as well as be the trusted first point of contact for benefactors as a representative of the Vice President and University in the Vice President’s absence. Additionally, the Advisor will be responsible for handling sensitive and confidential information with the utmost discretion, integrity, and respect.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include:
Project and People Management
- Preparation of presentations to external and external constituents.
- Coordination for the division for large external events such as international and bowl games.
- Management of the progress of the Strategic Plan of the division.
- Management and execution of internal meetings and initiatives.
- Manage operation of the University Relations office in the Main Building, including direct supervision of the front desk staff and students.
- Manage Vice President’s budget.
Advisor & Liaison Responsibilities
- Advise on strategic and tactical activities, including visits with trustees, donors, and prospective benefactors.
- Consistently provide oversight and input on the Vice President’s allocation of time and effort, ensuring he/she maximizes effectiveness and efficiency.
- Serve as a liaison to the University Relations senior leadership team and other academic and administrative units.
Communication & Correspondence
- Draft and execute correspondence for the Vice President, including sensitive responses to trustees, council members, longstanding benefactors and development prospects.
- Coordinate trustee materials and communication which are high in volume and demand polished and timely responses, oftentimes related to sensitive University events or decisions .
- Coordinate and disseminate crisis communication from the Vice President to Notre Dame’s most important constituencies, including its most generous contributors.
- Manage, via a dotted line relationship, a writer on the Stewardship team, who will assist in the drafting of correspondence on behalf of the Vice President.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, management, marketing, communications, or related field.
- 5 or more years of professional experience.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in various computer applications.
- Ability to analyze data that will advise University Relations VP and other division leaders in strategic decision making.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information with the utmost discretion, integrity, and respect.
- Master’s Degree in related field preferred.
DepartmentOffice of VP-University Relations (18000)
Family / Sub-FamilyUniversity Operations / Advisory Operations
Career Stream/LevelEIC 2 Professional
Department Hiring Pay RangeCommensurate with experience
FLSA StatusS1 - FT Exempt
Schedule: # of months12
Job Posting Date (Campus)02/02/2023
Job Posting Date (Public)02/02/2023
Job Closing Date02/16/2023
Posting TypeOpen To All Applicants
Quick Link for Internal Postingshttps://jobs.nd.edu/postings/29550